Have you ever thought, “If the library only had…”? Now is your chance to tell us what you want to do when you’re using the library, whether in person or online.
The University Library is asking students to share your ideas about the library of the future. Through a series of brainstorming sessions and creative activities you can provide us with essential feedback as we begin planning for the coming years. How can the Library spaces better serve your needs? What would make the website easier to use? What kinds of applications or online tools do you want to use to make your academic life more efficient? What do you think the library of the future should be?
We’ll be hosting several events to talk about the Library building and the Library website. The kick-off event focuses on envisioning the best ways to re-design Library spaces and will take place Wednesday, January 22nd at 5:30 pm in Schulz 2022, on the second floor of the Library. Additional events will be held over the following three weeks.
- Wednesday, January 22nd, 5:30 pm – Design Your Library Space
- Thursday, January 23rd, 10:30 am – Design Your Library Website
- Tuesday, January 28th, 10:30 am – Design Your Library Space
- Wednesday, January 29th, 5:30 pm – Design Your Technology Tools
- Tuesday, February 4th, 12:00 pm – Design Your Technology Tools
- Wednesday, February 6th, 2:00 pm – Design Your Library Website
Oh, and did we mention? We’ll providing tasty treats, and you’ll have the chance to win fabulous prizes!
So come in and give us your feedback. Get creative and have fun imagining how to make your Library the best it can be.